I had my first golf lessons last week and I am trying hard to motivate myself to learn how to play. It takes practice, dedication and commitment.
So today my list is reasons to start playing golf:
1. Exercise – although it is not the most vigorous of sports it is better than watching TV and gets me out in the fresh air.
2. Social – a great way to meet new people/friends and a good talking point with new and existing colleagues.
3. Career – colleagues frequently play and companies frequently have golf days/ charity events it would be good to take part/contribute.
4. Relationship – my partner (and all his family) play golf on a regular basis. It would be nice to join in if i wanted, rather than sit on the sidelines.
5. Me time – another skill to add to the list and a hobby to generate some more “me time” should I enjoy it.