As always there is a great selection of notebooks and other stationery products being launched on Kickstarter.
- PocketNote – a simple pocket sized notebook.
- Anew – The Whiteboard Scheduling Planning Notebook
- The Mixiw Notebook – modular notebook with reaarrangable booklets
- Leftybooks – Notebooks for Left Handed Individuals
- Goals Planner 2016 – Pocket Notebook & PDF
- The Writer’s Flask – leatherbound flask with pockets for your notebook and pen
- Vegetable Tanned Leather Journal & Notebook Covers – suitable for pocket, moleskine and a5 notebooks
- Penroll – pen & stationery storage for your notebook.
- The Radiance Planner – Health & Nutrition Diary/Planner
- The Progress Planner
- The Goals Planner – Notebook & Journal
- 2016 Pivot Planner – Wall Planner & PDF
- Dream Big Life Planner
- Attack your Day Planner
- Galaxy Photographers Planner & Handbook
- Titanium Mechanical Pencil & Pen
- The Bendy Pen
- Everyman Grafton Pen
- Carbon V Fountain Pen
- Pvin – Pencil Case
- Living Ink – Time Lapse Ink
- Doodle We Do
At the moment there is a wide range of products from notebooks to pens and pencils. I have personally backed 5 of the above projects – and I would encourage you to check these out these exciting projects – there is something for everyone.
We are back once again with another collection of interesting Kickstarter Projects.
NotesinaBook Top Picks:
A few interesting Kickstarter Projects to share this time round…
- The Rituals for Living Dreambook and Dreambook + Planner Project on Kickstarter only has 46 hours to go at the time of writing… and they are so close to reaching their funding goal of $25,000 so please consider supporting them and help make their awesome planner a reality.
- Kytso Creative Notebook is a white ideas notebook. It is a hardback notebook with pure white creative pages printed with grids but oddly they have also made the middle 32 pages of the book pure black (which can only be written on with a white or a silver pen). This is intriguing.
- DIXI Notebook. This is described as a “high end and ultra minimalist” notebook. The notebook is designed with freedom in mind so there are are no lines or grids on thes pages. It is available in Black or Red.
- Enigmaze (Hardcover Notebook for your Passwords). I came across this one by accident when I was accidently sent a link to this instead of an ipad app. This one pleased me more. Enigmaze helps you create strong passwords (and remember them).
- The Time Notebook. Yes I have mentioned this one before. The previous Time Note Book project was canned. Hover, this everyday planner is up for grabs once again. This project is already funded and we are down to the last 42 hours of the campaign so grab your copy quick.
- The Passion Planner is back. This time it is the academic planner (Aug 15- Aug 16). They have also included a pay it forward program this time round. I bought the Passion Planner as part of the last Kickstarter Campaign and I am still happily using my 2015 planner so will not be backing the academic planner. But for those of you who are interested in the differences this time round other than the dates, there are new quotes and challenges after December 2015. The other change is that there are now ust grid pages and no plain pages in the notes section. If you missed out last time round this notebook is worth checking out.
- Time and ToDo Planner (Weekly Planner for busy professionals). Another Weekly Planner with a different design including a nice balance of flexibility and structure. Still not found your perfect weekly planner (yes we know… it’s tough!) This might just be the one for you.
Another exciting collection of notebooks to share with you for the final letter of the challenge.
The “ZEQUENZ” Story
“Each sequence in life is a memory worthy to keep.”
– Mrs. Sinee Dumrongkitkarn Founder, Zenith Enterprise, 1989
The ZEQUENZ brand of unique and innovative office and personal stationery products was established in 2008 by the Zenith Enterprise, a leader in specialized paper making since 1989. Driven by the inspiration of creative design, the integrity of material used, and the necessity of quality construction, ZEQUENZ produced its first line of personal journals in the iconic and signature 360° collection.
True to the dedication of providing the best products for the unique lifestyle, ZEQUENZ continues to develop and produce premium writing and personal office products for the likes of writers and journalists, business individuals, artists, architects, designers, and any passionate individual. ZEQUENZ: Memory Lasts
Y is for… Yard O Led.
The Yard-O-Led Pencil Company was founded in London in 1934 by a Mr Brenner to produce his patent propelling pencils which contained twelve three inch leads (that is to say, 36 inches or a yard of lead). After the second world war the company merged with Sampson Mordan Ltd whose founder had patented the first mechanical pencil in 1822. They built a new factory in Birmingham and took over Edward Baker Ltd, another pencil maker.
The company is now part of the Letts Filofax Group and produces expensive fountain pens as well as pencils; most of which are made from hallmarked stirling silver.
To have a closer look at their beautiful collection of pens – check out the Filofax website.
X is for X17. X17 is a German “ring notebook” and is more like a personal organiser (and while I have not used on of these it appears similar to a Midori Travellers Notebook or ringbinder organiser such as a Filofax). Their website copy just builds up your hunger for a new notebook…
X17 Notebook: Your notebook for everything.
Each X17 Notebook can hold two to four insert booklets. We currently have 15 different types of insert booklets for each format size and are continually adding more insert booklets to our selection.
That’s why an X17 Notebook can be used for anything! For example, you can use it as a:
- Personal Planner
- Idea Notebook
- Appointment Planner
- Time Planner
- Household Notebook
- Teacher’s Calendar
- Address Book
- Hiking/Backpacking Journal
- Pilgrimage Journal
- Traveling Journal
- Personal Organizer
- And much, much more.
X17 uses a book-by-book system, which means that we use bounded insert booklets rather than loose-leaf insert pages. Strong and flexible rubber band rings hold these insert booklets perfectly in place along the binding of your X17 Notebook. The idea is so simple that one asks oneself, why didn’t anyone come across this idea earlier?
One Idea – Four Uses
At the very beginning, our goal was to develop an alternative to the “traditional ring notebook”. We wanted to design a notebook that wasn’t so bulky, that wasn’t so thick, and that would allow you to freely and easily write on the left-hand side of the page. And that’s how our X17 Notebook came into being, initially planned as a personal organizer with a calendar.
Then the idea took off and developed a whole new set of dynamics. More and more ideas began to surface for other ways to use this new notebook technology. New applications for the notebook were added to the design plan, for example, a concept for a teachers’ planner and a pilgrimage journal. We are currently developing our newest concept for a family calendar and industry customers are working on their own concepts as well.
- X17 Notebook: Includes 2,3 or 4 insert booklets.
- X17-Notes: Notebook with exactly one insert booklet.
- X-Cards: Notebook = Postcard with one insert booklet.
- X-Cards: Art Gallery – Customizable Notebook
The X17 Family Of Notebooks Has Many Outstanding Features. X17 Notebooks Are…
- .. Slimmer than a metal ring notebook.
- .. Slimmer than most notebook calendars.
- .. Slimmer than most notebooks.
- .. Adaptable – you can remove and reinsert many different kinds of insert booklets – whatever you need to fit your needs.
- .. Ecological – our notebook covers can last a lifetime. (This holds true for our leather, leather fiber materials and polypropylene covers.)
- .. Practical – even the left-hand side of the page is easy and comfortable to write on, without any cumbersome metal ring notebook mechanism to get in your way.
- .. Made to have more writable area than a traditional ring notebook.
- .. Available in 7 different cover materials!
- .. A German innovation, patented and trademarked.
- .. Purely made in Germany!
W is for… Whitelines.
I enjoy using Whitelines Notebooks and I have used a Whitelines notebook as one of my Monthly Notebook in the past. The idea behind Whitelines Notebooks is straightforward grey paper with whitelines distracts less.
Whitelines® was founded in January 2006 by three friends in Stockholm with one ambition: to make a contribution to a better world, no matter how small. The means to this end was a simple but very effective idea – a new kind of writing paper which, through its remarkable clarity, could support everyone’s writing, drawing and thinking. Why not take one of the mainstays of everyday life and improve it? Whitelines® is today based in Stockholm, Sweden, working to support your ideas for the future.
It took me a few goes to get used to using Whitelines Paper. The first Whitelines notebook I bought (back in 2010) I didn’t finish until 2012 when I tried again and only in 2014 did I purchase a Whitelines A5 notebook (this time the lined version) and use it from cover to cover. The second time round I really enjoyed using it. Of course the notebook is a standard high quality notebook (80 g paper)and is available in a wide range of binding and size options. It is similar to a large number of products in a similar price range therefore the choice one makes to use this notebook over the other options is purely personal choice as a result of favouring the page colouring of a Whitelines notebook over another. Whether this is because you find it less distracting or easier on your eyes, or whether practically this type of paper simply suits your needs better. (After all the end result of less distracting lines can be a required advantage if you are scanning/copying the pages). The choice is yours.
Not tried it yet? Download the paper for free.
V is a shockingly difficult letter to find a stationery brand/company for. I am of course running behind schedule – but I would like to complete the challenge in full even if I have ended up running late.
For V I have chosen to share more information about Visconti. Another fabulous Italian company that produces beautiful pens.
Till 1988 Visconti, the firm that brought writing back to Florence after a period of oblivion lasting over thirty years, has turned Florentine craftsmanship into a icon of its output accompanying its fundamental values of passion, art and technology.
For over twenty five years the name ‘Visconti’ has been synonymous of extraordinarily elegant writing instruments coming from very intense historical and technological researches, fountain pens, rollers and ball-pens. Visconti offers a broad assortment of high quality items all showing strong characters and features.
I struggled to think of a notebook brand or company for u. Therefore I have chose the brand Uniball. Uniball is owned by Mitsubishi Pencil Co U.K. Limited.
one of the biggest players in the UK Rollerball Pen market. uni-ball consistently holds the number one position of the branded rollerball sales charts by volume
Established in Tokyo in 1887 Mitsubishi Pencils uni brand derives its name from the word unique. Our exclusive product variety is indicative of our desire to create products that uniquely match the needs of the individual user.
Today company headquarters, R&D and production facilities are based in Tokyo, Japan, with the European head office being based in Milton Keynes, U.K. The company has subsidiaries and distributors world-wide.
Uniball pens can be sourced from most stationery stores and supermarkets.