At the beginning of the month I posted my goals as:
1. Blogging goal – Work on the 365/30 lists challenge
2. Career goal – Organise my next 6 month seat (placement)
3. Financial goal – make pack lunches – save, save, save.
4. Me time goal – Continue my reading list (post-holiday)
5. Life goal – Move house
1. Well I am still here doing the blogging challenge even though I had a few late days.
2. My next placement is sorted.
3. I made the odd lunch, bought a couple, and did not eat for a few days. This goal needs a bit of smoothing over.
4. Since returning from holiday I have not opened a book. Dead goal.
5. I am currently living in a pile of boxes, but officially all moved out of my last flat (but still between houses)
On day four I listed my reasons to start golf… This has not happened yet. But I have been busy with the house move. So starting a new hobby is on hold (as has blogging for the large part).
On day 5 I wanted to kick the TV habit, but I never added it to my habit tracker. Next month I will.
Overall view: good month, busy.
I usually write in my Filofax events that are on in my local area, including free events I might like to attend (usually arty, cultural or geeky), paid events for networking//clubs/organisations I belong to particularly if I don’t know whether I will be able to attend, events and webinars that are taking place online that I want to remember about – usually events I get emails/newsletters about etc.
This is why I find monthly planning quite useful: so far for next month I have –
Q&A session, a week long course, various talks, a ball, a pub quiz, an engagement party, a networking meeting and exams.
I don’t tend to keep an “events” list in my Filofax, rather I write everything in the diary (regardless of whether I am attending as sometimes i simply use it to remind myself that traffic might be bad, or that I should follow up the event with someone else or simply”pass it on” ).
There is much more to events than simply attending them.
Spanish meatball and potato salad… Wasn’t half bad.
Diary formats for my filofaxes I have tried are:
– day on one page; and
– week on two pages.
My mini Malden is a week on two pages – but the 4 days of the week on the first of the two pages keeps confusing me as my personal metropol week on 2 pages only has three days on the first page and I am much more used to using that.
At the moment I am sticking to the metropol as my daily planner – need to come up with a new use for the mini Malden – might use it for budgeting/expenses.
Day on one page gives plenty of space – and great for when I am incorporating my to do list into my diary – otherwise I don’t need a whole page for the day as I do not keep any work appointments in my filofax.
I would like to try:
– two day per page (as some days I need just a little extra space – at the moment I use a post-it when I have this problem)
– or a day per page with action/ to do list rather than a schedule.
– I currently use a notebook for my month per page so… I might also need to get an insert for my monthly planning too depending on how things go.
I love inserts for everything. Every project should have an insert.
The set of (homemade) inserts I use most relate to menu planning, recipes, shopping list and food budgeting.
However, even more key is colour. Filofax need to do a nice colourful/ creative range of inserts… That end up looking a bit more professional (and a lot less time consuming) than making your own.
I buy very little music.
My first LP was Blondie: Heart of Glass
My first CD was Beautiful South: Don’t Marry Her
I have yet to make a (music) iTunes purchase – all my downloads are the free “song of the week” or equivalent promotions.
I really don’t listen to music much other than the radio/ CDs in my car.
Ooh… This reminds me I picked up the starbucks song of the week last week… Must remember to redeem.
I am sure everyone has moments when they are like “argh, I don’t want to write” and feel slightly overwhelmed. I have been feeling like that at the moment. So much is going on with major changes at home, changes at work and lots of commitments taking up my time. I like to try and keep everyone happy. It is usually me to ends up not as happy.
Last week, or maybe the week before I was like – I am not blogging any more. That put me in a bad mood and since then I have not been relaxed enough to write anything. I am hoping that in a few weeks my life will be calmer and I will be able to relax and write again. However, looking at my schedule for the next three months…. I am not so sure.
Until calmer times…